Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Travails of the dreaded light sensors Part II

After you left last night I tried to get a good video to add to Part I.  But, after all of Max's work on the new ATB5 program, it would not work when put into Yoda11.  It would not work when put into PinkBaceria either.  But, by itself it would work.  I reviewed the code and could find nothing that would cause this problem.  I even posted on the FLL forum asking for help.  I will spare you the digital ink.  You can look it up if you want.

For some reason this morning I ran PinkBaceria without the rake attachment.  AND IT WORKED!  Huge HMMMMMMM?  I ran Yoda11 without the rake and it AGIAN WORKED!  Another big HMMMMMMM??  I again looked at the code and ArmDown has nothing to do with anything related to motor B or C or any sensor port.  It made no sense!

Have you figured it out yet???  What took me 3 hours to sort out is as clear as the nose on your and my face!

Think MECHANICAL!  Think GRAVITY.  Think about the LEVER or about the MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE the rake has on the bot if not 100% supported by the mat.  Stop blaming the program!!

Getting closer?


Well, it would seem that not 100% of the rake's weight was off the bot.  This pulled LS1 closer to the mat so it was not getting a good read.  MB_MAX is currently looking for something > 99 intensity.  A tad extreme but it does seem to be working off of the brown mat.  You can change it if you want.  We learned last year when the LS touches the mat, the reading is ZERO because the light generator is effectively turned off.  White mat touching the light sensor will still read ZERO.

So, see the video below.  Time to see if the Table attachment causes us similar pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment