Wednesday, November 30, 2011

PID (proportional integral derivative)

So, first, I will have to say I am as much a student of how to write a PID as everyone else on the team.  I self taught myself the P last year and attempted the I after States.  It ran but I did not get much of an improvement.  After reading the "PID How To" again, I am not sure I was doing it correctly.

Here is a nice link telling us how to do it.  I think the MATH junkies on the team should push me to make some time to try to get this done on some cold winter weekend.  We could use it next year! 

"PID How To"

You can Google PID and NXT and FLL and find tons of  info.  Too much really.  Here is a great job of writing a PID using NXT-G.  Past years I have looked at it and it was beyond me.  But, I suspect we have learned a lot more this year and might be able to use it to help us write the I part of code.

PID using NXT-G 2.0

A great video showing what a PID can do for a NXT if you know how to write the code.  Maybe some day I'll figure it out.  Hopefully one of you will beat me to it.  Maybe we should have a line following contest this winter.



More PID reference material.
One - You may not need a PhD but you need a Masters degree.  Not helpful for me.
Two - Interesting Stop Motion Video in Spanish with English subtitles.
Three

No comments:

Post a Comment